- Authors minute books of the activities of Village Government. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes.
Records Management Officer
- Custodian of all Village records, responsible for active files, storage and disposition of inactive records and the careful maintenance of archival material.
- Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law, which guarantees your right to know.
- Maintains records of adopted Village and Local Laws, Village oaths of office, resignations, petitions, proof of publications, annual budgets, and zoning code books and maps.
- Advertises by Public Notice activities of the Village such as meetings and public hearings.
- Maintains a public signboard.
- Advertises and receives bids for purchase of Village materials.
- The Village Clerk provides Notary Public service from 8 AM - 4 PM weekdays.
- Issues Village licenses/permits mandated by Local Law and Handicapped Access Permits.
Notice of Defect
- The Village Clerk is responsible for accepting all "Notices of Defect" for Village property and roadways. Any defect, condition or complaint must be submitted to the Clerk in writing. No verbal notifications can be accepted. To assist with this task, a Notice of Defect Form is located in the Village Clerk Forms section.
- The Village Clerk is the coordinator for elections, advising the state of vacancies for elections, overseeing polling places and equipment, election inspectors.
- In addition, oversees special Village elections, permissive or mandatory referendums and Village acquisition of property.
Water/Sewer Billing and Collection
- Is responsible for Water and Sewer billing and collection of fees.
Registrar of Vital Statistics (Vital Records - Birth and Death Certificates)
- Birth and Death Certificates are filed with the Village Clerk for occurrences that take place within the Village of Fishkill.
Records on File
- The Village of Fishkill maintains records of births and deaths that occurred in the Village of Fishkill. These records start at 1907.